Marty and Victoria give their take on Secret Santa, Bitcoin, Gigster, and other fun stuff going on this week. There’s the return of the thumbs-up thumbs up segment, and they end on a discussion about career mentorship: what, why, and how.
What Marty’s up to
- Turning in course grades and crushing dreams
- Marty’s students, upon receiving a B:
What Victoria’s up to
- Ran the office Secret Santa!
- Aftermath of publishing my article!
- Secret Santa, White Elephant, etc
- Silicon Valley the show
- New Star Trek (trailer)
I've been using Vim for about 2 years now, mostly because I can't figure out how to exit it.— I Am Devloper (@iamdevloper) February 17, 2014
- Microsoft open sources Visual Studio
- Yahoo becoming holding company for Alibaba shares; Yahoo eliminates QA/test
- Gigster wants to be the Uber of software development
- Bitcoin news
We got a wonderful listener question about mentorship!
- Is mentorship important?
- How often do you meet, what do you discuss, who have you picked?
- Yoda, the ultimate mentor
Send us questions and feedback!
Would love to hear from you if you have any questions you’d like us to answer, topics you’d like us to discuss, feedback for the show, or any other comments!
Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit us up in the comment section. Thanks for listening!