Victoria quizzes Marty in the “Pokemon or Big Data” game, then they talk about Yahoo, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, and QA: is manual QA obsolete or still worthwhile?
What Victoria’s up to
- Got back from Thanksgiving (… we recorded this part two weeks ago!)
- Ate chicken and proud!
- Was working on article for NTRSCTN, now published: Why guys in tech bruch of complaints of sexism and racism–and how they can do better
What Marty’s up to
- Also got back from Thanksgiving and on the home stretch for end of fall quarter!
- Thumbs-down on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and chicken
Pokemon or Big Data?
- Mark Zuckerberg pledges to give 99% ($45B) of his Facebook stock to charity in his lifetime
- Yahoo to discuss selling off their Internet business
Discussion: QA and Automated Testing
- Medium article: Is QA Dead?
- Victoria on unit tests: “You should be able to write your test entirely faster than it would take for you to manually verify something”
Send us questions and feedback!
Would love to hear from you if you have any questions you’d like us to answer, topics you’d like us to discuss, feedback for the show, or any other comments!
Reach out at email@example.com, or hit us up in the comment section. Thanks for listening!